1. Data controller
The responsible data controller for any personal data collected and processed in connection with the use of this website is:
Glovis Europe GmbH
63067 Offenbach/Main, Germany
2. Contact information
Glovis Europe GmbH
63067 Offenbach/Main, Germany
or via E-Mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You may also contact our data protection officer:
Data Protection Officer
3. Data subjects
This privacy notice applies to the collection and processing of personal data of users of this website.
4. Processing of personal data
When you visit our website only for informational reasons, i.e. without registering for any of our provided services and without providing us with personal data in any other form, we automatically collect the following personal data in order to provide you with our website and to ensure system stability and efficiency and to implement proper safeguards as to the security of our website and services.• Your IP address
• The name of your internet browser
• The date and time of your access to our website
• The pages you visit on our website
• Your operational system
We do this on the legal basis of our legitimate interests as described above pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Personal data that is collected is deleted automatically after the above mentioned purposes are fulfilled.
Please note that we only process your personal data for other purposes if we are obliged to do so on the basis of legal requirements (e.g. transfer to courts or criminal prosecution authorities), if you have consented to the respective processing or if the processing is otherwise lawful under applicable law.
5. Recipients and categories of recipients
Any access to your personal data at our organization is restricted to those individuals that have a need to know in order to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We may transfer your personal data for the respective purposes to the recipients and categories of recipients listed below
• Private third parties – Affiliated or unaffiliated private bodies other than us;
• Data processors – Certain third parties, whether affiliated or unaffiliated, may receive your personal data to process such data on behalf of us under appropriate instructions as necessary for the respective processing purposes. The data processors will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard the personal data, and to process the personal data only as instructed; and / or
• Governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties that are public bodies as required or permitted by applicable law.
6. Cross-border data transfer
Some of the recipients of your personal data will be located or may have relevant operations outside of your country and the EU, such as in the Republic of Korea, where the data protection laws may provide a different level of protection compared to the laws in your jurisdiction and with regard to which an adequacy decision by the European Commission does not exist. The countries which provide an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective include Andorra, Argentina, Canada, Switzerland, Faeroe Islands, Guernsey, the State of Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand and the Eastern Republic of Uruguay. Recipients in the US may partially be certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and thereby recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective. With regard to data transfers to such recipients outside of the EU we provide appropriate safeguards, in particular, by way of entering into data transfer agreements adopted by the European Commission (e.g. Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) (2010/87/EU and / or 2004/915/EC)) with the recipients or taking other measures to provide an adequate level of data protection.
7. Storage Period
Your personal data is stored by us and / or our service providers, strictly to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations and strictly for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data is collected, in accordance with applicable data protection laws. When we no longer need to process your personal data, we will erase it from our systems and / or records and / or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject – for example personal data contained in contracts, communications, and business letters may be subject to statutory retention requirements, which may require retention of up to 10 years. If applicable, any other personal data will in principle be deleted 5 years after the termination of the respective related contractual relationship between you and us).
8. Your Rights
If you have declared your consent to any personal data processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
Pursuant to applicable data protection law you may have the right to:
▶ Request access to your personal data;
▶ Request rectification of your personal data;
▶ Request erasure of your personal data, request restriction of processing of your personal data;
▶ Request data portability; and
▶ Object to the processing of your personal data.
Please note that these aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable national data protection law. For further information on these rights please refer to the Appendix: Your Rights.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority. To exercise your rights please contact us as stated above.
9. Cookies and similar technologies
When you use our website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits of our website. Your web browser may provide you with some options regarding cookies. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the services provided via our website to their fullest potential.
Depending on the period of time that cookies remain active they are categorized as following:
• Session cookies: Are those cookies designed for gathering and storing personal data while the user is using a website. They are usually used to store information that is only intended for providing the service requested by the user on one single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
• Persistent cookies: In this type of cookie the personal data continues to be stored on the system and may be accessed and processed during a specific period of time by the manager of the cookie, which may range between several minutes and several years.
Depending on their purpose cookies may fall into one of the following categories:
• Technical cookies are those which allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services offered, such as, for example, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, recalling the parts of an order, carrying out the process for purchase of an order, making a request to register for or participate in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing contents for the transmission of videos or sound or sharing contents through social networks.
• Analytical cookies are those which enable the manager to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to draw up browsing profiles of the users of such websites, applications and platforms in order to introduce upgrades on the basis of the analysis of the personal data on the use of the service by users.
• Advertising cookies are those which enable the most efficient management possible of the advertising space that the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided on the basis of criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
• Behavioral advertising cookies are those which enable the most efficient management possible of the advertising space that the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store behavioral information about users obtained through the ongoing observance of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be defined in order to show advertising on the basis of such profile.
The personal data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
9.2 Third party cookies
We use third party cookies in connection with the services provided via our website as well. Third party cookies are those which are sent to the user’s system from a system or domain that is not managed by us but by another company processing the personal data obtained through the cookies. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytical data. We may not process or respond to web browsers' ‘do not track’ signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our website or use the services provided via our website.
For detailed information on third party cookies please see below:
10. Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", which means text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there.
However, if IP anonymization is enabled on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
The IP-address that your browser conveys within the scope of Google Analytics, will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the United States, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
11. Use of Google reCAPTCHA
In order to protect the input forms on our website, we use the "reCAPTCHA" service from the by Google Inc. ("Google"), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
The purpose of this function is to avoid automated data entry on our website. Google reCAPTCHA analyses the behavior of the website visitor using various features such as mouse movements and time spent on the page to distinguish whether the current visitor is a human being or a machine. For this purpose, information is transferred without further separate instructions. This tells Google that our website has been accessed using your IP address. The legal basis for the use of Google reCAPTCHA is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Google uses the information obtained in this manner in order to, among other things, to optimize services such as Google Street View and Google Maps. The IP address transferred by reCAPTCHA is not commingled with other data by Google unless you are logged-in to your Google account at the time when you are using the reCAPTCHA plug-in. If you want to prevent this transfer and storage of data by Google about you and your behavior on our website, you must log out of Google before you visit our website and/or use the reCAPTCHA plug-in.
12. Integration of Google Maps
On this website we use Google Maps. This enables us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and allow you a comfortable use of these map features. The legal basis for the use of Google Maps is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Google also processes your personal data in the United States and has certified itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
This privacy notice may require an update from time to time – e.g. due to the implementation of new technologies or the introduction of new services. We reserve the right to change or supplement this Website Privacy Notice at any time. We will publish the changes on pop-up window or inform you accordingly via E-Mail.
Appendix: Your rights
▶ Right of access:
You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. The access information includes – inter alia – the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
▶ Right to rectification:
You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
▶ Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten"):
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such personal data.
▶ Right to restriction of processing:
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal data. In this case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
▶ Right to data portability:
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
▶ Right to object:
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, or where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data.
Moreover, if your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. In this case your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us.